Our Neighborhood Programs
Urban Solutions works to improve neighborhoods throughout San Francisco but has focused efforts in the South of Market, the Fillmore, and the seven corridors designated by the Neighborhood Marketplace Initiative (NMI).
Take a look at the businesses we have helped!
Support one today!
View Urban Solutions & Clients in a larger map
Urban Solutions provides comprehensive assistance to entrepreneurs interested in locating a business in Central Market including Sixth Street and the Tenderloin.
Urban Solutions operates a satellite office in the historic Fillmore district (AKA Western Addition) to provide dedicated on-site assistance to entrepreneurs interested in creating or growing businesses.
Urban Solutions encourages our small business clients to give back to their neighborhood. Some ways they serve their communities:
- Hiring part-time, temporary, contractors or full-time employees that reflect the community.
- Making efforts to do job searches and hire from the community.
- Providing affordable food, products or services.
- Offering healthy or organic foods.
- Providing food, products or services that reflect the cultural needs of the neighborhood.
- Providing food, products or services that bring business diversity to the area.
- Providing food, products or services that are requested by the community.
- Offering special pricing or discounts for frequent customers.
- Offering free or affordable event space for non-profit organizations.
- Providing affordable event menus for non-profit organizations.
- Providing gathering place for community members.
- Providing a family-friendly environment.
- Providing space for local artists to exhibit or perform.
- Participating in community meetings and community watch/safety efforts.
- Advocating for the neighborhood as a whole.
- Occupying a commercial space that would otherwise be vacant.
- Being environmentally responsible by composting, recycling, and making other changes.
- Accommodating to the needs of people with disabilities and seniors.
What are other ways small businesses serve their community? Email us.