Finance a Business
Urban Solutions helps entrepreneurs in San Francisco to secure loans from government and private lenders. Many of our clients have found it difficult to raise money from traditional sources because they are new in business, lack collateral, or have impaired credit.
Urban Solutions has a proven track record of working with clients in neighborhoods that find it hard to attract and retain good businesses. We make a special effort to work with low-income individuals, women and minorities.
Services that we provide to entrepreneurs, small businesses, and local residents include
Financial Support Services
- Loan Packaging: Urban Solutions guides you through the loan application process, explaining what forms are needed, reviewing your documents and financials, editing your business plan, and addressing issues such as credit history, collateral, and training. We also work with you to determine an appropriate loan amount to request.
- Identifying Potential Lenders: Don't know where to turn? Urban Solutions can assess
your situation and determine which lenders might be appropriate for your business.
While not a lender ourselves, we serve as an intermediary between you and prospective lenders and can accompany you to meetings with lenders.
- Post Loan Technical Assistance: Urban Solutions will continue to work with you after you receive a loan to help you overcome any challenges you may face in operating your business.
- Business Plan and Financial Statement Development: Urban Solutions can help you improve the content and presentation of your business plan and prepare realistic financial projections.
- Business advice and referrals: If you have questions about starting a business, growing a business or fixing a business problem, call us. We can advise you or refer you to services and entrepreneurship training programs in San Francisco.
Seminars and Workshops
- Seminars and Workshops: Our program of small business seminars and workshops can help you with some of the marketing, financial, and legal issues you may face in the operation of your business.
- SME Toolkit (developed by IBM and IFC) offers software, business forms, training and more to help women and minority-owned businesses grow and succeed.
- Supplier Connection: See if your small business qualifies for this opportunity to market your goods and services to supply chains of large companies.
Major support for Urban Solutions’ Small Business Services provided by Cathay Bank Foundation, Citi, Comerica Bank, the Community Development Block Grant program, HSBC Community Development Department, the San Francisco Foundation, Union Bank Foundation, U.S. Bank, Visa, and Wells Fargo. Urban Solutions also thanks the many individuals and corporations that provide support for our services to small businesses.