Enterprising Women is a groundbreaking program which helps women of color overcome obstacles to their business growth and create a legacy of economic independence.
Women of color and women from low-income backgrounds typically approach business differently from men — from building networks to financial management to selling. For many women, operating their own business creates an opportunity to support themselves and their children, to engage community members, and to create a legacy of economic independence.
Our next workshop series begins in January, 2017. Topics include:
- assessing business and personal capacity
- developing strategic growth and action plans
- managing the social and emotional aspects of money
- building negotiation skills
- creating life-work balance.
After the six-month training, Urban Solutions provides year-round business technical assistance and mentorship opportunities for the women who complete the training.