Urban Solutions is an economic development nonprofit whose mission is to foster the well-being of disadvantaged communities by helping to increase neighborhood commercial vitality, strengthen small businesses, create jobs and encourage diversity.
One aspect in which Urban Solutions aides the small business community is through provision of programs focused on helping owners get the right advice. Currently, our two programs, Legal Office Hours and Small Business Workshops, allow our clients to access professional advice concerning both legal and business matters free of charge. As a Workshop Assistant, your work will primarily consist of coordinating the following aspects of these programs: client communications/recruitment, external services coordination, and documentation maintenance. We are looking for a passionate professional with a background in program assistance who believes in helping micro-entrepreneurs, small businesses and neighborhoods to thrive. Contractor terms are 10 hours per week at a rate of $20 per hour. Position available immediately. Hours may increase as opportunity and funding arise.
Client Communications / Recruitment
- Respond and record inquiries for Legal Office Hours (LOH) and small business workshops
- Review all submitted applications and conduct follow up for any missing documents
- Book appointments and send out LOH guidelines
- Send reminders to registered appointments
- Create E-blasts via SalesForce Mass Email
- Enter all client data into SalesForce
- Greet clients & monitor sessions/meeting times
- Conduct client evaluations and collect at end of appointments
- Create ongoing client communications & mailing
External Services Coordination
- Coordinate with SBS Director, Executive Director, Hanson Bridgett LLP, & Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights attorneys:
- Communicate schedules and send out LOH and on line applications to program teams
- Set up meeting rooms for attorneys and workshop presenters
- Distribute copies of schedules and client applications to team members
- Monitor attorneys sessions and meeting times
- Refer out any commercial legal inquiry not supported by program
- Conduct outreach to businesses, NEDOs and stakeholders to identify clients for participation in both programs
- Create program binders
- Assist with maintenance of digital and physical files of clients
- Create program reports: midterm/final reports
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Professional office experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Internet research tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, motivated, detail oriented
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Team Player
This is a part time contract position. This position is open until filled.
Interested candidates should send a resume and meaningful cover letter to us. Please name the subject of your email “Workshop Assistant” and include the resume, cover letter as separate attachments, not in the body of your email. Resumes without cover letters are not acceptable.
For more information about Urban Solutions, please visit our website . Due to the small size of our staff, we will not be able to respond to all inquires. Please accept our thanks in advance for your interest and our apologies for not being able to respond personally to every application. No phone calls please.
Urban Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Urban Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of disability and is committed to the full participation of persons with disabilities in our programs, services, and activities and on our work force.