Urban Solutions is a dynamic and productive economic development nonprofit whose mission is to foster the well-being of disadvantaged communities by helping to increase neighborhood commercial vitality, strengthen small businesses, create jobs and encourage diversity. For more information about us, please visit our website.
Urban Solutions is seeking a Program Assistant to work 16 hours per week with the innovative Enterprising Women! Program. We are looking for a person who takes initiative, is detail-oriented, and is interested in helping women micro-entrepreneurs and small businesses. Competitive compensation will be paid. Position available immediately.
- Work closely with women business owners to identify their needs, goals and the necessary resources to meet those goals.
- Conduct outreach/engagement activities with clients in order to build an ongoing, empathic, trusting relationship.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of client needs, strengths and resources in order to provide appropriate support services and linkages with other providers.
- Create client information packets.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with outside agencies ensuring that clients and staff have maximum access to community resources.
- Assist with the implementation of client action plans.
- Create client ongoing communications and eblasts.
- Help develop and facilitate support, educational and training groups/activities for Enterprising Women! Program clients.
- Assist with the creation of program documents and communications.
- Respond to client inquiries as needed.
- Assist with identifying Mentors for the EW! Program participants.
- Assist with program data collection to track and monitor program activities.
- Enter program participant individual plan and information into salesforce data system for program monitoring and tracking.
- Stay in contact with clients to ensure the services were beneficial and that their needs are still met after completion of program.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Small Business Services.
The ideal candidate will need to be culturally competent in working with target population. Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals with diverse backgrounds. This position will serve as an advocate to the participants to ensure clients’ unique needs are met. Successful candidate must possess strong communication skills and problem management strategies. Must be organized, detail-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently in community based settings; commitment to working as part of a team; Desire and ability to work with low-income people.
Please submit resumes and meaningful cover letters as e-mail attachments (Adobe PDFs or Microsoft Word documents) to
info@urbansolutionsSF.org, and write “Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Due to the small size of our staff, we will not be able to respond to all inquiries. Please accept our thanks in advance for your interest and our apologies for not being able to respond personally to every application. No phone calls please.
Urban Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Urban Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of disability and is committed to the full participation of persons with disabilities in our programs, services, and activities and on our work force.