Sign up for our mailing list.
Urban Solutions is a vibrant economic development non-profit dedicated to neighborhood development, primarily in San Francisco, by supporting and growing small businesses. We have a compelling vision, strong team, great reputation in the community and passion for achieving our mission — and we are seeking people who believe in helping micro-entrepreneurs, small businesses and neighborhoods thrive and are able to communicate that mission to others. See urbansolutionsSF.org.
As a Reporting and Data Analyst, you will help influence top-level decisions through assessments of impact numbers, client demographics and neighborhood development analysis. You will work closely with the Executive Director and Fund Development Director to collect and analyze data sets and develop tools and models to support informed decision making for the organization’s clients. The job requires a high aptitude for and an interest in data collection, data management and analysis and helping to turn that data into meaningful reports.
- Develop marketing reports from the data collected to showcase organization’s overall impact.
- Develop and maintain databases and data systems necessary for projects and department functions.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Manage the organization’s Salesforce database and customize it to the organization’s needs.
- Oversee data collection and follow-up surveys of clients for the annual outcomes evaluation study.
- Analyze client data and prepare graphs, charts, and statistics for reports, marketing materials, and grant proposals.
- Generate monthly, yearly, & ad hoc reports and review them for accuracy and completeness.
- Process improvement to review and optimize client data collection.
- Analytical thinking and comfortable working with large quantitative and qualitative datasets.
- Ability to translate data to understandable and marketable material for the organization.
- Critical thinking and approach to understanding data trends and recommending improvements.
- Extremely detail oriented, meticulous and highly organized.
- Willingness to question assumptions and revisit old analysis.
- Proficient with Salesforce or any other similar database knowledge required.
Contract position for 20 hours per week at $25 per hour. Contract duration 6 months, though duration is flexible and we hope will expand, potentially to full time, depending on performance and available funding.
Interested candidates should send (1) your resume, (2) a meaningful cover letter to info@urbansolutionsSF.org. Please name the subject of your email "Reporting and Data Analyst" and provide your application materials as attachments, not in the body of your email. Due to the high volume of applicants we may not be able to respond to every application. Thank you for your interest!
Urban Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Urban Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of disability and is committed to the full participation of persons with disabilities in our programs, services, and activities and on our work force.